Saturday, December 13, 2008

When Scotty Was In Egypt's Land, Let My Scotty Go...

12/13/08

When Scotty Was In Egypt's Land, Let My Scotty Go...

If you've seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off, you may know where that
line came from. For the past few days, I've been feeling like
Cameron, Ferris's best friend in the movie. I guess, it's the
ususal time of year, when I get all the cold/flu symptoms acting
up in me. I've been spewin' out mucus like a mofo' lately.
At least the symptoms seem to be wearing off.

I've been wanting to check out the poker room at Excalibur.
They had installed some electronic poker tables there for some
months now. They have a pot limit omaha game there for 0.50/1.00
stakes. Not too much to get you in trouble, but with PLO, the
pots can grow pretty well, as it is an action game. So, I haven't
played for the past 3 or 4 days, because of my condition. I don't
want to have to cough and blow my nose in between every bet.

I was surprised I didn't get sick last week. Well, it's not like
I went overboard with the drinking anyway. I paced myself, as we
are not getting any younger.

Hopefully tomorrow, I can get up early enough to put a football
parlay bet down. I also have to get in on that freeroll tourny
I've been meaning to play for the past couple of months. I won the
entry in late September or early October. It's just that the tourny
is played on Sundays every couple of weeks, and I've been caught up
usually watchin football and playin some limit holdem at Aliante or
Red Rock. I might as well take a shot this Sunday. But things may
change, we'll have to see.

No comments: