Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Travellin' on X-Mas Eve...

12/24/08

Travellin' on X-Mas Eve...

I got into McCarran Int'l Airport about an hour an half before
my flight back to San Jose is to depart at 815 AM. I already
got my boarding pass online and decided to check in a couple of
bags curbside. I had my customary last cigarette outside and
walked into the terminal. I looked up at the Departures screens
and did not see my flight listed. The curbside check in employee
did not say anything about any delays or cancellations. Hmmm?

I got to my gate and saw that an LA flight was to depart at 655
am. It's about that time and no plane. There must be a delay.
I didn't see any Southwest employees around, so I booted up the
laptop and check the status of my flight online. Dang, delayed
to an estimated time of 840 AM (which means that it could still
take longer). I guess, I've been too spoiled. I think of all the
times that I've flown, I've had only to experience one delay.
Pretty much all my flights have been on time. I guess that's
unusual. But hey, I can't complain, my flight cost would have
been the same cost of gas, if I drove back to the Bay.

Well, that's probably the reason I booked an early flight back
home. Maybe to compensate for any delays on one of the most
travelled days of the year. At least I have some toys to play
with at the airport, my laptop (free aiport wifi, need to find
a plug - power will go out in an hour), Amazon Kindle and the
Ipod. Technology is a savior.

Getting hungry - some lady beside me is munchin' on a croissant
breakfast sandwich with bacon, she also got some of those fried
french toast sticks - mmm, mmm...I had breakfast earlier - I think,
I'll just wait until I get back to San Jose, my SB mocha should be
good until then.

Anyway, I'm glad I finished a majority of my X-Mas shopping right
before Thanksgiving. Everybody tells me that the malls and shops
are just straight crazy. I just don't have the patience for that.
You can say I'm the typical guy shopper, I already know what I need
to buy - I go straight to the store, buy it and leave. I do browse,
but when I intend to buy something, I make it simple. The only thing
I have to do now it just wrap up the presents when I get back home.

Later today, after the GF picks me up from the airport, she planned
to pass out some food and blankets to homeless people in the area.
She's has a good and generous heart. It's a good thing. It also
makes me realize, how lucky life has been for me. Well, it could be
a little luckier on the poker felt (hehe...). I mean, life could be
worse, but having that feeling of creating my own destiny, having
the support of my GF, family and friends - makes feel a certain
positivity. I still wish I had work benefits though, lol...If
things don't work out for me in the poker world, there are alot of
other things in life that I can always look forward too.

Anyway, I'll sign out for now...Need to conserve some laptop battery
power.

Merry X-Mas Y'all!!

No comments: