Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Overnight Celebrity...

12/17/08

Overnight Celebrity...

Yeah right, hopefully you got my email with the link:

http://www.cardplayer.com/tv/34988

You can see me in the background, during the interview,
at right about 3:59 into the video. I finally made it
Ma! (I'm the guy looking at his cellphone in a Green
Kangol, hehe).

I was just railbirding the Doyle Brunson North American
Poker Championship WPT event, yesterday. I actually
witnessed the aftermath of the hand Phil Helmuth is
talking about during his interview. I walked into the
Fontana Lounge, where the tournament was taking place,
and Mr. Helmuth flopped right on top of this empty
poker table in front of the entrance. I couldn't
watch too long, as watching people play poker live, is
like watching paint dry. You can't see what the players
have, unless there is an all in and a call from another
player or players. It was also bubble time, meaning that
the money spots were about 10 busted players away, from
the time I left. Usually players will play tight, as they
are near the money spots in the tournament.

I wanted to try to satellite into the tournament last week,
but I've been fightin' the cold bug since last Thursday.
I didn't feel like just putting up, you know, like $15,000.00
to play in it. I've just started to recover - and now it snows!
I will have to get over my frugalness and use house heater, hehe...

Earlier today, I finally made a cash in a tournament at the
Sahara. I was going to swear off tournament poker for a
while, but the buy in was about $45.00 with rebuys. You also
started with a fair amount of chips at $4,000.00 with 20 minute
blind periods. Plus there were no ante rounds. You could also
rebuy at $20.00 bucks for the first hour, giving you $2,000.00
in chips. If I busted out early, I was going to go to Bellagio,
to watch some more of the WPT and play some limit cash games
there.

Anyway, the tournament started out with 42 people. To make a
long story short, I busted in 4th place and more than quadrupled
my original buy in. Not much of a big win, but I was glad to make
a cash in a tournament. And no, my Aces (had em' once early in the
tournament) did not get cracked - but I only made about $500.00 on
them - inconsequential in the scheme of the tournament.

No comments: