Sunday, December 21, 2008

On Any Given Sunday...

12/21/08

On Any Given Sunday...

After a handful of tries, one of my 4 teamer football parlay wins!
Too bad I only bet twenty bucks at 12 to one - but hey, I should be
happy with that. Football parlay bets are like lottery tickets
anyway. At least that put me about even or a small profiteer from
my sports bets this year. Like I said before, their purpose is
to make watching football a bit more exciting. It was down to the
wire with the Saints and Lions Game. That game just squeaked in
just a point and a half under the points given at 50.5 - that was
the one that had to go pretty much wire to wire. After posting
a good pick ratio of 75%, it was fun to actually get all of them
correct.

Also grinded out some cash at limit holdem in Aliante the day
before, during a couple of sessions in the day and night.
I guess people just wanted to give me money that day. My flopped
pairs held up, when people were chasing and my made hands held up
beating second place. That is kind of hard to do at this poker
room, when half of your opponents are people on fixed incomes, that
just don't want to give any money away. I had lost some of my
profit from the tournament cash I had earlier in the week at the
Bellagio last Thursday - so it was cool to make that up and more,
yesterday. The swings can get to you, but you have to look at it
in the long run of life I guess. At least they are not big swings,
that would scurr me some times, hehe.

I will probably play one or more two sessions before I get back to
the Bay for the holidays. I will need to take care of some business
with one of the rental properties first, then off to the felt for
a cash game or tourny (I guess I haven't quit them yet).

Anyway, I can't wait to get back home to see the GF, family and
friends - especially noshin' on some of my Auntie Ilya's lumpia
shanghai. No need for any turkey or ham for me during the family
Xmas parties - fried eggrolls will hit the spot just fine, yo...
As a matter of fact, I also miss my Auntie Mely's rice crispie
treats as well - haven't had those for years (I will need to trek
up to Sacto for those).

No comments: