Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blowin' Bubbles At Final Table...

4/19/09

Blowin' Bubbles At Final Table...

Last night I played the Headhunter NLHE $125.00 tourny
at TI. Pretty good format, you start with $6K in chips,
blind levels jump every 30 minutes (but, they double up
each level, with antes coming in in the third level).

You also get $50.00 for every person you bust. I thought
that was kinda' cool, so at least you get some money for
taking out another player. I busted out one person, so
at least I had part of my buy in covered.

That was a tourny where I saw pocket Fives hit 4 sets
in one hour. They helped me out in one had, where I
almost busted out another player, who hit top 2 pair
with Ace/Ten OS - I hit my set on the flop and she
just kept paying off on every street, it was so sexy
rakin' in those chips.

I was doing pretty good, until the fateful last hand.
I made it to the last 6 players. Unfortunately, this
tourny paid the top 5 only. I had pocket 3's in the
small blind and only had to contend with the big blind
player. I had about 5 big blinds at this time, so the
hand I had was pretty much an automatic push all in.
So, I went all in - the big blind player called me
without looking at his cards. He popped his chips in
to call me and flipped up King/Six OS. A race...Which
I did not win, when another Six hit the flop. The
2 outer for me did not come and I bubbled right out
of the money. Hey, I'm not complaining, I had the best
hand preflop with a slight percentage. In the long
run, I will win more than lose with that hand and
decision.

As they say, that's poker...

No comments: