Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Superheroes Redeaux...

8/12/08

Superheroes Redeaux...

Last Sunday, after eating some grubbin' sushi (Sushi-O-Sushi,
on El Camino Real in Santa Clara, CA. - yes I'm back in the
Bay for the week), I went with the GF to see "The Dark Knight"
starring Christian Bale, the driver from
"Driving Miss Daisy"/the DJ from "The Electric Company" Morg'
Freeman (my prayers are with you hoping you have a full
recovery), Mags Gyllenhall and Mikey Caine.

I'm sure everyone has seen the movie already, so there is
nothing to spoil. It's been out for quite sometime and the
thing has probably made like a gazillion dollars already.
Beat Tita Nic!!! Maybe the US Gov't needs to make a hit movie
to get out us out of this damn' deficit. Well, Bush don't care
now, he's about to leave - and he's busy slappin' booties on
the Olympic Beach Volleyball Courts in Beijing.

Anyway, I had pretty high expectations for this movie. I'm a
bit of a comic book geek and movie aficionado. Like I said before,
pick me for your team on Scene It game night, you won't lose
(I'll put $5.00 bucks of my hard earned money on it).
My expectations and more, were met. Each person played their
roles to almost perfection. My only gripe is Bale's smoker
voice, when disguised as Batman, hehe.

The thing I like about Batman is that he is at a constant odds
of his real identity as playboy Bruce Wayne and Batman. He's kind
of like the polar opposite of "Iron Man", who is a similar character
of the playboy billionaire mold. As "Iron Man" embraces his
role as a hero and relishes in the good/fun he experiences while
being a "hero" - "Batman" has felt the need to relinquish his role
as a "hero", to try to give the citizens of Gotham city another
"hero"(in the name of DA Harvey Dent). Of course, Wayne/Batman"
realizes that he can not give up his destined role as savior of
his city. The Joker, his evil foil, even says it to Batman - that
they need each other - "one" can not exist with out the "other".
Like the Ying and Yang - these two forces of good and evil, can
not exist apart from each other. If one is gone, there would be
actual anarchy. Whoa, I'm getting existentialist with this, hehe.
Maybe that's why Batman can not kill his "villains or foes",
without them, does Batman have a purpose in the world? Probably
not. What's a billionaire playboy to do?

I guess wait for "Watchmen" to come out next year.

I didn't really give a review of the movie, but these are some
of my random thoughts after watching it. I guess it really must
have been good, as it peaked some type of analyzation from me.
Hehe, Freud/Siskel/Ebert, eat your heart out, yo!

2 comments:

dano said...

Howabout when Batman bends the barrel of the machine gun?

Or when he bounces off the wall with the wheelie?

Dude, the watchmen panel at SDCC was SIIIICCCCCKKKKKKK!

Rob Cash said...

Yeah, I need to call Morgan Freeman to make me a hand held jaws of life thing he made for Mr. Wayne.

Watchmen will be sick - I want Nite Owl and Batman to fight it out, yo...