Saturday, August 30, 2008

Missing In Action...

8/30/08

Missing In Action...

It's has almost been 3 weeks since I've seen any action
on the green felts of Vegas. I have been kind of busy
with being the tourist guide of sorts when I got back
into Sin City, as they say.

Last week my GF came into town for a couple of days.
It was a welcoming visit, even though we spent time
together when I was in the Bay Area the week before.
It's pretty hard sometimes, being separated from her.
The distance is not that far in the scheme
of things, but as you know Vegas is not exactly in the
same county and state of San Jose, Cali...

I wish she had a longer stay, there were more things
I wanted to show her and do. I think we got to maximize
our time together, from the little we had. Good food,
good thrill rides (she's a roller coaster aficionado)
and some good spooning sessions. The rest of the
details will be published in the next Danielle Steele
novel.

You know I just want to be held sometimes, is that
so wrong? (ala, Jon Lovitz at Harvey Fierstein in
Saturday Night Live - watch it, it's a classic).

At the beginning of this week a couple of buddies
of mine A.P. and R.C. (no permission to use their
names came into town for the MAGIC Convention,
http://www.magiconline.com/magic/v42/index.cvn).
When I thought magic convention, I was like, are
there new innovations in taking a rabbit out of a
hat or cutting your female assistant in half?
But no, it was the business of fashion.

It was pretty interesting to see the convention's
goings on, from a novice. I sat on a couple of
meetings my buddies' had with the accounts/products
they carry in their store. Oh, I forgot to mention
that one of their businesses is an Urban/Hip Hop
cloting store in Stockton, Ca. It's called
KINGDOM, http://www.kingdom209.com/. Yo, check it
out, they got some cool fits. Anyway, one of the
meetings was with Crooks and Castles, an urban
clothing manufacturer based in SoCal, I think their
flagship store is located on Melrose in West
Hollywood, Ca. The company was started by a
number of Filipino guys from around the way.
From what I heard and saw, was that they take
multimillions annually. Not bad, right.
You just need to find that right concept or
product, and make sure it's marketed correctly.

If you wanted to stargaze, there was a mix of
celebs on hand. Biggest one was probably,
Kimora Lee, who was promoting her label Baby
Phat. She is an Asian Amazon, she gotta' be at
least 6 feet without the heels. Props to her
though, she had one of the best booths, it looked
like one of her flagship stores, sitting in the
middle of a convention center. Also ran into
Danny Trejo (the bad ass looking Mexican dude you
see in Robert Rodriguez movies like Desperado and
Dusk Till Dawn, even the Spy Kids franchise).

Photobucket

Travis Barker was also there with one of his sick
Impalas.

Cool stuff, again Vegas the center of the world.
Or could that be hell, the heat you know. Still
stays 90 degrees at midnight, jeez...

No comments: