Monday, August 4, 2008

The Almost Perfect Haircut...

8/6/08

The Almost Perfect Haircut...

I think I've found the place to go for my #1 fade all around. No, the owner is not named "Kim" or "Lan" and it's not located in Chinatown. I went to a place called "Sport Clips" in the North West area of the city, the first week I got here. I didn't go back there for my last haircut, because it is pretty far from where I am staying at. With gas prices these days, I don't want to spend $10.00 bucks in gas just to get a haircut. Well, I was in the area last Sunday looking at homes in the North West, so I decided to make a pit stop as my shag was getting a bit out of control.

I don't think they have the franchise in NorCal yet, but I do believe they have several in SoCal. Basically the place is like ESPN meets Footlocker meets Supercuts. The place has flatscreens, playing various sportchannels. It is decorated like a gym locker room. The lady hair "stylists" all wore referee/umpire style uniforms. When you are waiting, you would sit in stadium style seats or a bench. The place caters to men, but they accept everybody as a client.

I chose the "MVP" service, which includes haircut, shampoo, steam face towel and neck/shoulders massage. All of this costs $20.00 bucks. Beats the Chinatown's $15.00 dolla' wet the scalp and go special. Let me tell you, this is what old school barber shops are all about. I get my cut, the stylist cleans me up with a brush and baby powder. Next I get the shampoo, she rubs and massages my scalp with this pretty invigorating and minty shampoo. This is all the while when you are sitting in a massage chair. After 5 to 7 minutes of the scalp massage, she puts a steamed towel on your face. As you are laying there, she then starts to rinse off the shampoo, with additional scalp massage. After she towel dries your head, she takes the steamed towel off your face. You just want to fall asleep, mayn! Anyway, you're not done yet. She leads you back to her station and sits you down. She then takes out an electric hand massager and begins on your right shoulder. After 5 minutes, she continues to your left shoulder. Last but not least, the neck massage is continued for another 5 minutes. Paid $25.00 with tip. I wanted to tip more, but hey I that's all I had at the time, plus I'm still discretionary with my tips kids.

Yo, it's better than a lap dance. I certainly recommend it, it is so choice....

No comments: