Sunday, March 22, 2009

In and Out, Fast Food Style...

3/22/09

In and Out, Fast Food Style...

This weekend was a blur. This was my shortest stay so
far coming back home. 2 nights went by pretty quick.

I guess 2 nights in Vegas as a tourist seems alot longer.
It's probably because you are up all day and night doin'
whatever may be - gettin' drinks poolside, waiting in
line at Tao for 4 hours (because your ass is too cheap
to get bottle service, hehe), hoping your double down
at Blackjack hits, etc...

Seein' my lady after a month was great. I'll be mushy
and say that I was counting out the days and hours.
We spent the day Saturday, up in the City and checked
out a couple of spots here in there.

Tommy's Joynt on Geary, should be a must go for you hole
in the wall types.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We shared a roast beef sandwich with swiss cheese
on sourdough (pretty tasty). It's not for you upscale
ma'arte types though. We then hung out and shopped
around Union Square, before heading back to San Jose.

It was also great to see my family after over a couple
of months. We got to go celebrate my pops Bday
Saturday night at the Fish Market. Was feeling like
a steak that night (after eating fish all day Friday,
due to my Catholicness), but ended up getting oysters
fish and chips style. It was pretty good. Nothing like
battered and fried food items, they're the best.

Sunday went by fast as well. Finished up my taxes with
my uncle in the morning. Got Viet food in the afternoon.
Then met up with Triple D's (Dave, Deb and Danielle)
at Pizza California, with Shuggs before leavin' on a
jetplane back to Vegas.

I wish again that I could have met up with more of my
peeps there - but hey, I'll probably see them in Vegas
in the next few months. Summer and the World Series of
Poker is just around the corner. The season when the
playas' play and mountain of chips can be found on the
green felt of our terra firma we call Sin City.

Wishful thinking...

P.S. Ooh...found a nice surprise in my bag when
I got home. I got a Team Pacquiao Nike Tshirt for
pasalubong from my cousin Jorge in the PI. Props
bro, been trying to find one like that for the
past year. Pinoy Size L, fits just fine. I just
got to make sure I don't put the tee in hot
water when I wash it or I may find myself with
a nice baby tee for summer, lol...

No comments: