Monday, October 20, 2008

Forgot to post before Garden City...

10/11/08

Leavin' On a Jetplane...


I don't think I'll ever get over my jitters gettin' on an
airplane. Weird, I've been flying all my life. It has
affected me about for about the last couple of years.
Like I said before, I think it stemmed from that fateful
"Lost" flight from Tokyo to Manila, in December of 2007.
Any sign of turbulence, makes me take a deep breath and
make the Sign of the Cross. I'm a bad Catholic, the only
time I turn to Jesus are on airplane flights, christenings
and funerals. I have a good heart, but it wouldn't hurt
to go to Church on Sunday, once in a while...

Can't seem to shake it. I think I need to take Xanax...

I'll be in the Bay Area for just over a week. It's
Mom's Bday weekend. Then the GF's Bday next weekend.
It feels good to go back home, even though it's been only a
little over a month since I've been back. I need to make
sure to visit the peeps I missed the last time I was
there.

It seems like Mom is getting better. The kidney transplant
appears to be successful, approximately 6 months postop.
I haven't heard anything worsening from her or my dad,
during our intermittent conversations. Her short term
memory seems to be getting worse though. The good thing
is that her long term memory is intact. She can remember
details of me and my brother's childhood, that I can't
seem to recall in hindsight, but gets refreshed when she
mentions things from the past.

Poker seems to be an afterthought the past couple of
weeks. Still positive for the time I've been here,
but not as much as I would want to be, lol. My mind
seems to be filled with other issues and priorities.
One of the reasons seems to be the state of the economy
in our country.

It really has not affected me like other people I know.
I don't have major financial obligations at this time,
like a mortgage, car payment, and/or children/family. I
just have my recurring living expenses every month, which
is not too much considering that my only fiduciary
responsibility is to my ownself. Many say that I am lucky to
be in this situation. Not many can do it, especially now.
It is a good thing not to be stressed...Fuck Yeah, lol...

What it the true meaning of wealth? Is it money?
Income? Material things? I can't really say...I think
part of it is living a life where you are happy in the
decisions that you have made in your Life, with minimal
regrets - Yes, an open ended answer...It differs for
everyone.

I'd be happy spending the rest of my life with my
wife/family on some beach resort in Batangas, renting out
snorkel and surf gear. Can it happen? Yes. Will it
happen? Don't know yet...

We'll have to see if my 401k remains intact, hehe...

No comments: