Tuesday, February 24, 2009

V-Day Weekend...

2/16/09

V-Day Weekend...

My girl came down from the Bay this weekend for Valentines
Day, on Friday. It feels great to see her after a what seems
a long 3 weeks of seeing her last in Vegas.

We had dinner at this Italian restaurant Onda, located at
the Mirage. It seemed like I didn't have to get reservations,
as they accomodated walk in customers at the time. But it is
better to be safe than sorry, especially during this weekend.

We both opted for their set Valentine's menu. We first
started with a salad and ravioli. The entree we both picked
was the ribeye steak. We only got thru about a third of it
each. Like true Filipinos, we got it boxed for baon later.
Dessert was a caramel like flan for me, she picked the
strawberry gelato with chocolate syrup and ligonberries.
Not a bad deal for a 3 course meal.

The atmosphere was a pleasant surprise. A slight clean Euro
bar entry area, which opened into their larger dinner area with
a Tuscan feel. There are a ton of restaurants in the Mirage,
so kudos to them for giving each of them a nice and different
architectural feel to all of them.

We weren't in the party mood, so we opted to watch "He's Not
That Into You" at the Brenden movie theatres at the Palms.
Pretty much my fave movie theatre on the Strip (and the only
one I've ever gone to in Vegas). I thought the movie was
pretty good - not essentially a chick flick, but a good
comedic relationship movie. It's funny, because the storyline
was chock full of truths, in different perspectives. I guess
you can really relate to movies when you've experienced the
same kind of things.

Anyway, I'll get back to chillin' with my lady at SB's...

Also got to think about my strategy going in to the Venetian
Deep Stack NLHE tourny I may play this upcoming week. Some
of the homies from the Bay will be coming in this week as well
to play. If I don't get to play, I'll probably put up some
money for somebody's buyin for a share if they happen to cash.
Got to get in the action somehow, hehe.

No comments: