Friday, February 13, 2009

Basketball In The Bay...

2/13/08

Basketball In The Bay...

Through thick in thin, the only NBA Team I've been a fan of
are the Warriors. Lovin' it when Floyd was Sleepy, TMC was
runnin' thangs, and seeing our perennial drafts of the first
round fizzle out (re: Vonteego Cummings, where is he now?).
Oh yeah, I forgot some of the funky contracts we signed
players like Jason Caffey and Adonal Foyle to (but hey,
he will probably make a great diplomat or international
political figure in the future - when was the last time we
saw an diplomat lead the NBA in rebounds and blocks, hmmm?).

It was great seein' things pick up for the Warriors in the
last couple of years. Gettin' Baron Davis was a steal. He
made his time at Oracle, feel like the Showtime days of the
Lakers with Magic. Wow, so that's what a playoff atmosphere
feels like. I almost went a third of my life not knowin' if
the City would make it back to the postseason.

Then back to this season. What if Ellis was healthy at the
beginning of the season? What if Baron Davis stayed in the
Bay? I hate asking those questions to myself and my fellow
Warrior fans. But it has sure looked pretty good lately.
Some nice wins against West Coast playoff tier teams.

We can still win.

We will win.

Keep hope alive.

No comments: