Wednesday, November 19, 2008

HORSE Wrangling At Green Valley Ranch...

11/19/08

HORSE Wrangling At Green Valley Ranch...

I've had a hankering to play a HORSE tournament and found a low
buyin at Green Valley Ranch on Wednesday. It's for $40.00 plus
a $5.00 add on, which give you a total of $2,000.00. Not much
to work with, but not a big dent to the bankroll. I can call it
a tuition charge to learn the nuances of the game. Plus, I miss
playing the other poker games, as NLHE can sometimes be a bore.

HORSE is an acronym for the 5 card games you will play throughout
the tournament. H is for Holdem, O for Omaha/8 or better, R for
Razz, S for Seven Card Stud and E for Seven Card Stud/8 or better.

The blind rounds were 15 minutes each. It was also a limit syle
tournament, as opposed to a no limit style.

Anyway, 35 started and they would payout the top 5. To make a
long story short - made it to the top 9 and busted out 9th. I
couldn't get a rhythm goin and was basically at my starting stack
of $2,000.00 throughout the whole tournament. I eventually got
it all in during a round of Seven Card Stud/Eight or better.
I just missed getting half the pot when my low hand of Eight,
Seven, Six, Two and Ace was outkicked by the another player's
hand of Eight, Seven, Five, Four and Two. We both got helper
cards on the river, but unfortunately the other player hit a
great card. I was out, again...lol.

If I had a buck every time I made the final 9, I would be chillin'
in Tahiti, playin' online everyday, hehe...

No comments: