Sunday, April 14, 2013

Shakin The Rust Off...

Shakin The Rust Off... I haven't played cash in months. Actually haven't played poker consistently for quite a long time. I have hit up small tourneys from time to time, but hitting the money board in tourneys has eluded me on the turn of the river card. I haven't been winning those coin flips. I can't answer why I kind of stopped playing cash. The grind of sitting at a no limit table I guess got to me. I was content on playing a tournament and limiting my loss to what the buy in was. I know that in the longer run, cash play would seem to be a more profitable situation. You pick your spots, push the money in when you're a major favorite, lay down your cards when you know you're beat, gauge who's playing weak and pounce. Do this without putting all your chips on line, also without worrying that you will be out of the tourney all in. So, I just happened to have the urge to play some lowball no limit at Green Valley Ranch before heading home last night. Ended up a little over half up on the equity of my buy in after about an hour n half of play. I was getting tired, so I decided to cash out when was up. It's only Lebron shoe money. Up is up, I didn't want to chase the dragon, when I'm not mentally on top of it. It felt good the to shake the rust off though...

No comments: