Friday, January 9, 2009

Again Close, But No Cigar...

1/9/09

Again Close, But No Cigar...

Today I entered a NLHE tourny at Sahara which started out with 25
players.In short, I was the bubble boy at 6th place, which did
not pay. Dang...

I actually had to rebuy early in the tournament. In this hand, I
hit a King high flush on the turn and bet about a third of the
pot. Another guy reraised about 3 times the pot. I thought to
myself, if he hit the nut flush (the Ace high flush), wouldn't
he want to just call my bet and try to milk me. I kinda felt he
may have hit a set or was on a draw to the nut flush, so I decided
to go all in which would put him all in as well. Well, he called
and showed that he hit the nut flush as well. Not my day today.
It was actually the second hand of the tournament for me.

Oh well...

After my rebuy, I worked my stack up to above average throughout
until we got to the final table. I had to put my stack all in a
few times and was able to outlast a few of the other players.

My bustout hand was when I went all in in the cutoff with pocket
Fours. The button called with Ace/King OS and the big blind
called with Ace/King OS, as well. That's about the best scenario
for me here, as the other 2 players shared cards, which lessened
their outs. Unfortunately for me the door card was a King, which
paired both players. The turn and river failed to give me another
Four, so I was out in 6th place. The bad thing is that I just
busted right out of the money.

Oh well...hehe...

My basketball parlay bet hit 4 out of 5 as well...Damn Lakers
Defense! (meaning the lack of it)...

Again close, but no cigar...

At least there's football this weekend, lol...

No comments: